About the faculty
In 1969, the Ministry of Higher Education of the USSR supported the initiative of the Institute, and it was decided to establish the chair of economics of industries on the basis of two economic chairs. Initially, the chair was headed by prof. Ehrlich L.B.
At the ground of the creation of the new chair were the famous scientists: acad. Yampolsky SM (Director of the Institute of Economics of the USSR), k.e.n, Assoc. Kovalenko KS (Rector of PGI) k.e.n, Assoc. Dianov IP (Dean IEF) k.e.n, Assoc. Shiklin I.A. etc.
Since 1996, the Chair has the name of "Chair of Management" (after the order of the Ministry of Education № 70 of 08/07/96) and provides the education in the specialty 7.03060101 (8.03060101) - Business Management and Administration.
During its history, the chair was headed by prof. Ehrlich LB, prof. Portugal VM From 1982 till 30.09.2012, the chair was headed by Doctor of Economics, Professor, Honored Scientist of Ukraine - Ivan Prokopievich Prodius. He has been successed by Prof. Michael A.Oklander. From 2013 until now the actual chair's head the Department of management Prof. Sergey K. Kharichkov.
Among the graduates of the chair are the following famous persons:
- S.A. Yaromich (1973) - Candidate of Economic Sciences, Professor. Department of Management of Organizations, Odessa Regional Institute of Public Administration of the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine;
- V.L. Jasinski (1973) - Doctor of Economics, Professor.;
- S. Zolotarev (1976) - PhD, Assoc., Director of the NGO "Strum-92";
- V. Novgorod (1976) - Commercial Director of "Presmash";
- A.V. Gerashchenko (1979) - Deputy. Head of the State Property of the Odessa Regional State Administration;
- D.A. Isachenko (1983) - Ph.D., a sales representative of the Ukrainian Embassy in the Netherlands;
- O.A. Slyusarenko (1986) - Professor, Ambassador of Ukraine to Montenegro;
- S.V. Filippova (1986), Doctor of Economics, Professor., Director, Institute of Business, Economics and Information Technology, head of Chair of accounting, analysis and audit;
- N. Andreeva (1993) - Doctor of Economics, Professor. Institute of Market Problems and Economic - Environmental Research NASU;
- N.L. Skorik (1994) - PhD, Minister of Finance of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea;
During its functioning the chair has educated more than 2,500 engineers, economists, 600 managers, economists, 60 candidates and 8 doctors.
|We meet new recruitment
||We are glad to see you!
In 2000, on the base of the chair of management it was created the chair of foreign management, in 2003 it was created the chair of accounting, audit and marketing (now - Chair of accounting, analysis and audit).
Department of Management is a part of the Institute of Business, Economics and Information Technology of the Odessa National Polytechnic University, has been created in September 1968 and prepares highly qualified specialists in the sphere of modern management.
Currently, the Department provides education in the following qualification levels (Management, specialty code 073):
Students deeply study disciplines for professional directions.
Head of the Chair professor Ivan Prokopievich Prodius has created the scientific school of "Management of transformation processes in manufacturing," which contains the following areas:
- Crisis management and restructuring of the industrial sector of the economy;
- Research of the transformation of industrial production in the context of globalization.
In order to fulfill the contractual and state budget economical researches of the Chair it was created a research group which includes the chair's personnel and students. As part of this activity every year it's beeing defended the Ph.D.'s thesises, published scientific articles and monographies.
The teaching staff of the department consists of 19 persons, including – 4 professors, 3 Doctors of economic, 11 hDs and 11 Docents, 5 senior lecturers and assistants, 2 engineers, 5 graduate students. All the teachers are educated according to specialty, high qualification and sufficient work experience.
The personnel of the department it has been published more than 50 books, monographs and textbooks.
On the official site of admissions office ONPU you can always to look at:
- The main disciplines that make up the training;
- The main office, where you can work after graduation;
- The main place of work, where to work after graduation;
- The main tasks that can be solved in the future graduate;
- Volume license;
- Current cost of training.